POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR COACH CHARTERS.
Tour Conditions and Cancellations:
|Extended Tours: A deposit of A$350.00per person is required within 7 days of booking (domestic).Balance to be paid 6 weeks days prior to departure.
Cancellation Policy: Please ask our staff
Extended Tour: Airfares are non-refundable
An Administration fee $40.00 pp applies.
Where we are charged a cancellation fee by one of our suppliers this cost will be passed onto you, over and above our fees. Travel Insurance: Full comprehensive insurance is not included, BUT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Charter Cancellations: 50% of the Charter cost will be charged if the job is cancelled within 72 hours of the transfer. 100% of the Charter cost will be charged if the job is cancelled within 24 hours. If the job is cancelled after the job has been confirmed a $100 administration fee will apply.
All our accounts are strictly (7) days from date of invoice.
The aim of this policy and procedure is to perform bus or coach charters in a safe
and comfortable manner that is satisfactory to all parties involved, and presents a
basis for a continuing amicable business relationship.
Responsibilities – The Company.
1. Aussie Sights Tours and Travel will ensure that its operations, its vehicles and its drivers
conform to all licensing, accreditation, and insurance requirements as defined
in the Passenger Transport Regulation 2007as amended.
2. To provide the Hirer with a clean, well presented, roadworthy and reliable vehicle to meet the standard required by the booking.
3. To ensure the Driver is licensed, authorized, trained and sufficiently
knowledgeable and competent to perform the charter to the standard required
by the booking.
4. To ensure the Driver is clean, tidy, well presented and fit and capable of
performing the duties required of him.
Responsibilities – The Driver.
Prior to leaving the depot;
1. The Driver will ensure that he knows all the details of the charter, e.g., who,
when, and where,
2. The Driver will ensure that he is competent and capable of carrying out the
charter to the hirer’s expectations.
3. The Driver will ensure that he is fit, well and able to undertake the charter
4. The Driver will inspect the vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is free from visual
defects and damage, and that it is suitable and capable of performing the
5. The Driver will ensure that the vehicle is clean and full of fuel.
6. The Driver will ensure that regulatory accreditation’s or authorities are
displayed, and that he carries and compiles and/or completes any necessary
logs, log books, and/or tachographs as required by law and/or Aussie Sights
The Driver will make every effort to ensure that the passengers enjoy a safe and
The Driver will ensure that all passengers are seated in accordance with the legal
seating capacity of the bus, that all passengers are, and remain seated safely and
properly, and that all luggage is stowed and secured correctly.
The Driver will load and unload reasonable sized luggage, as per manual handling
guidelines as set out in Aussie Sights Tours and Travel OH & S Policy. (also refer to section
concerning Carriage of Luggage para.2.) The Driver may require and shall be given
assistance by the Hirer to handle large, awkward or heavy objects of luggage.
The Driver will abide by all road and traffic rules, and shall not under any
circumstance breech any laws in relation to driving hours.
Responsibilities – The Hirer(s)
Adult and Social Groups.
1. The Hirer must compile a manifest listing the names and addresses of all
passengers, a copy of which must be carried by the Hirer’s responsible
person traveling with the group, and this manifest must be carried for the
duration of the charter.
2. The Hirer or Group must nominate at least one adult person to be responsible
for the acceptable behavior and well being of the passengers.
3. Smoking, eating or drinking (excepting bottled water) is not permitted on the
4. The seating capacity of the bus/coach must not under any circumstance be
exceeded, with only one adult person to each adult person space. (For
children seating capacity refer to School and Youth Groups section).
5. If luggage needs to be carried with the passengers, the Company will be
informed at the time of booking the bus/coach, in order to ensure that a
suitable vehicle is supplied.
6. Should the bus/coach be seat belt equipped, all passengers must wear the
7. Standing passengers are not permitted.
8. Passenger must remain seated and wholly within the bus/coach, whilst in
9. The aisle of the bus/coach, or emergency exits must not be obstructed by any
10. Excessive noise or behavior that could distract the driver from the safe
execution of his duties as driver, will not be tolerated and dealt with
School or Youth Groups.
In addition to the afore stated responsibilities and policies, the following apply,
1. School students, or groups of persons under 18 years of age, must have at
least one adult traveling , who will be responsible for the behavior and well
being of the passengers.
2. Children under 12 years of age may be legally accommodated in buses only,
(not coaches) at the ratio of 3 children to a seat designed to accommodate 2
3. If an adult is occupying one place in a 2 adult designed seat, then one only
additional person may occupy that seat.
4. The rear seat, where designed to accommodate 5 adults, may be occupied by
7 children under 12 years of age.
5. The bus must not exceed its legal adult seating capacity.
6. If luggage needs to be carried with the passengers, the Company will be
informed at the time of booking the bus/coach, in order to ensure a suitable
vehicle is supplied.
7. Standing passengers will not be carried, excepting in the case of a charter for
a school sports or similar for a short distance not exceeding 10 km, and
where the bus does not exceed 80 kph. The bus must not exceed its legal
Coaches cannot carry standing passengers under any circumstance.
Carriage of Luggage.
1. Luggage (other than soft hand luggage that will fit wholly within overhead
luggage racks), must only be carried in specifically designed and designated
2. The maximum weight of any personal luggage carried shall not exceed 15
kilograms, and its dimensions shall not exceed those that can easily be
carried by hand by the passenger conveying the luggage.
3. Large items of luggage must not be carried loose in the saloon of the
bus/coach (excepting in a specifically designed and designated luggage
4. The aisle of the bus/coach or emergency exits must not under any
circumstance be obstructed.
5. Once designated luggage areas are full, alternate arrangements must be
made by the hirer to transport the excess luggage.
Evacuation of Vehicle.
The bus/coach may be required to be evacuated under the following circumstances:
1. At the instruction of the Driver, an authorized Company officer, a police
officer, or any other person having reasonable cause and authority so to
2. If there is a risk to passengers whilst any repairs or adjustments are made to
3. If there is a risk of fire or explosion.
4. If a suspicious package is found or believed to be on or attached to the
5. Post incident or accident.
Procedure for Evacuating Bus.
Evacuation of the bus/coach may be instigated by one of the afore mentioned events,
and should proceed quietly, quickly and in an orderly fashion once the vehicle is
stationary, and it is safe to do so.
Evacuation will be by;
1. By the bus/coach door(s) if they are able to be opened, unobstructed and it is
safe to do so.
2. If evacuation is not practicable by the door(s), thence by an available marked
Once out of the vehicle, assembly shall be at a safe location sufficient distance from
the vehicle, this distance being dependent on the circumstances.
The adult in charge, or the teacher in charge will account for all the passengers,
attend to their needs, and keep order.
The Driver will be the last person to leave the vehicle, and will oversee the safe
assembly and accounting for the passengers
The Driver will render such assistance as he is capable of, if requested.
The Driver must report all incidents involving evacuation to the management of
Aussie Sights Tours and Travel, by medium of mobile phone, followed up
by a written report, to the Company’s office, as soon as practicable.
This report shall include all details, such as, where, when, why, who the hiring group
is, person in charge, person instructing evacuation, and names of persons injured or
under duress, names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses or involved